This program is for Weymouth (only) children ages 8-17 years of age with special needs such as Down Syndrome. Transportation is provided daily to and from the program in 15-passenger vans. Participants must be toilet-trained. A caring and sensitive staff will promote self esteem and give the children a fun, activity filled summer that includes aquatics days, bowling, arts and crafts, martial arts, field trips and daily exercise, each week. This program is recreational in nature and NOT school sponsored.
Registration must be made through the Recreation Office. See link to application below.
- Registration must be made through the Recreation Office. See link to application below.
- All applications must be submitted by June 1. Program supervisors will review all applications. This review will include speaking with the child's teachers.
- New participants are on a probationary period for the first two days.
- Please call the Weymouth Recreation office at 781.682.6124 with any questions.
- This program is for Weymouth Residents Only.
- Participants must be toilet trained.
- Weymouth Recreation requires an up to date health form to be submitted prior to a child attending our summer program. This is for the health and safety of participants and staff.
- A Weymouth Recreation t-shirt is required.
Teen Leaders Program
This program is different from the Leaders In Training Program with a different set of goals and objectives.
The Exceptionals Teen Leader Program will promote self-esteem, self-confidence and positive self-image in young teens through their volunteer work with our Exceptional Program participants.
The Exceptionals Staff will guide and support Teen Leaders through encouragement and guided discovery.
This program is designed for teens seeking to gain experience and learn how to work with others. It is a volunteer opportunity working with participants with mild special needs under the direct supervision of Recreation Staff. For more information, please contact the Recreation Office. 781.682.6124
All Participants must meet with our Exceptionals Supervisor Ms. Shea prior to registering for the program.