Great Esker Park Nature Camp
Great Esker Park Nature Camp:
Participants will "rove" the park from the George A. Clark Jr. Nature Center to the Back River. These short hikes along with stories, arts and crafts, and plenty of hands-on nature discovery will introduce the participants to the basics of how the park works!
Participants will "discover" the fundamental concepts of the science of the park as they uncover the web of relationships between the physical elements and the bugs, birds, fish and plants through group walk-abouts and competitions. Hikes, stories, nature crafts, games, contests and plenty of hands-on nature discoveries will bring into focus some of the lesser-known mysteries of the park.
Children are grouped by age (t-shirt color) at each activity to allow for safe and age appropriate fun. Participants will further be divided into cohorts according to Massachusetts Camp guidelines and all CDC and DPH guidelines will be followed.
- Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE
- Weymouth Recreation requires an up to date health record to be submitted prior to a child attending our summer program. This is for the health and safety of participants and staff and required by the Weymouth Health Department.
- No child will be allowed at Camp with out a health record on file under any circumstance.
- A Weymouth Recreation t-shirt and photo I.D. are required.
- Great Esker Nature Camp is a licensed Camp for the Town of Weymouth and meets the Dept. of Public Health requirements 105 CMR 430.000.
- State Vouchers are accepted for Great Esker Nature Camp.
Early, Extended, Single and Half Day Options
Please see the Activity List for Great Esker Park Early and Extended Day options.
Leaders in Training
Weymouth Recreation offers a rewarding opportunity for young teens in our summer program with an emphasis on personal growth, role modeling and team-building.
Under the guidance of staff, Leaders In Training (LIT's) will actively work with children in our summer programs at Great Esker Park and Wey-Fun. They will build confidence in themselves while working in front of a group. Independence skills will be practiced by taking on responsibilities and challenges. LIT’s will spend time together in peer groups and work on leadership and performance skills through team building, activity planning, brainstorming and preparation.
All LIT’s will be evaluated on their performance. Time as a LIT is eligible to be counted as community service for Weymouth High School. (up to 35 hours)
Registration is required and starts with the regular registration date.
Single Day Disclaimer
Single Day Policy Disclaimer
Single Day Registrations are NON-TRANSFERABLE.
There are no credits or refunds for single day registrations.
Vouchers are not eligible for Single Day Registrations